Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Busy busy Saturday

Last Saturday is a busy OT work day for me whereby I clocked a whopping 9 hrs of OT hours in a day! A new record for me as I never clocked so many hours of OT before. How come I can work so long, many of you may wonder. Its actually because the coupons for 7 out of 11 boxes worth of Golden ticket promotion has not been counted and recorded. It's a big task which will need a lot of manpower and effort to record everything. Therefore, around 13 of the staff including me have been mobilized to sort it, count it and then write it down in columns on paper. After all this recording, some staffs will need to record hundreds to thousands of numbers into the computer. Oh, I wonder how come this time round, no scanning of barcodes is being done. One possible reason is that handheld barcode scanners are not enough for many people to use. It would have save time for sure but till now I am still baffled about the decision to record on paper. After a hard day's worth of work, only 3 boxes are left which I supposed needs at least 2 work days or 1 more Saturday depending on the manpower available. I now hope that I won't be called to do the keying in of data when all coupons have been accounted for the workload accumulated will surely be undoubtedly not light. Oh if I have to do then I have to just do it. Hmmm... ...

Last Saturday also marks the start of EPL season. With my supporting team, Manchester United winning on 1st round encounter against Swansea, It makes me a happy person for the rest of the week. I am sure many people has their favourite team in mind. Some may be sad that their team lost and that is if your team that you support is Arsenal. While other strong teams like Chelsea have won, It is also a delight to see the goal decision system ensures goal is awarded correctly for certain matches. Oh well, looks like my team will not have easy matches for next few weeks though. Hopefully the result will go their way. Anyway, now that Wednesday is coming. Time to rest before continuing to work till Friday then its time to another round of EPL matches. Yippie, at least that's something to look forward to, isn't it? =)

No comments: